Sunday 9 May 2010

Can you smell the violets ?

I have been meaning to post this for ages and then I saw a lovely post on perfume at susies vintage attic.




Does anyone remember the tiny bottles of Devon Violets you used to find in those lovely tacky shops on holiday? I can remember having to stand still for ages whilst my mum read all the silly postcards. I could never understand why they made her laugh so much, how I wish you were still here Mum so I could laugh with you.




                                         I have been trying to find April Violets By ummm its gone out of my head I'll remember tomorrow when I'm more awake : )
( Yardley ) the pic below is what started all this off. I have lots of sweet violets growing in my garden. This print is of the double one called called Princess Mary.




I found this little bottle in Q.D. last year, the green one is for ink, we used to go on digs years ago and found lots of great bottles, I will post some pics if anyone is interested.
.
  I hope you all have a very fragrant and happy week whatever you are doing. Cate x
                                 
      
                              

                                            
                                                        

5 comments:

cumquats said...

Violets always bring so many cherished memories for me too. I don't have any in my garden at the moment. I'll have to do something about that. Thank you. Kim :)

OhSoVintage said...

Violets always remind me of my childhood, seeing them whilst walking to school. Yes, I remember Devon Violets. It was very strong and sweetly sickly as I recall.

Vintage from the Village said...

Yes I remember Devon Violets, I once bought a set of soaps with dogs faces on them from the range, I should have kept them and sold them to a vintage collector !

cumquats said...

Hi Cate, nice to meet you too! Kim :)

bellaboo said...

Violets are so pretty,such a delicate little flower.I remember those little bottles too!
Is that first pic from the flower fairy books?..I used to love those as a child,and still do!

Bellaboo ;0)