Monday 9 August 2010

booty






I thought I would share with you what I found at the boot fair today. I bought lots of hankies all snowy white. I wish I had bought them all now, I picked out 11. The picture has lovely embroidery
work.











A few doileys and tray cloths, I need these like a hole in the head I just can't resist if the price is right.












I love this little deco watch and it keeps perfect time. I have been looking for one with a strap like this for ages.Brooches are a bit of a passion of mine not that I have lots, just what catches my eye. The one at the top has a deep coloured stone and has very fine filligree work on the back the red  one said take me home :)
Sadly the little ring box was empty but I love it.





This pic is a bit fuzzy,a metal  brooch a sixpence you can put on a chain, the stick pin is forget me nots and a rose brooch. I got these last week. I still have lots to show you it's been ages since I posted anything.

Next week I will endeavor to take pics of a few more things, in between attacking the garden, having a go at my sewing machine, baking etc etc don't think  I'll ever be a Stepford wife. 
I have just had a good read of all the blogs, everyone seems to be enjoying the summer or Autumn
Thinking of you all enjoy the week
Cate x

6 comments:

Shabby Anne said...

Hi Cate, love the look of your blog. Oh what lovely booty you found. I get so jealous of you lot 'over there' and all the loverly lolly you find. If I ever win the lottery and go to visit dear old Mum, I will be dragging her around to see what I can find. Note to self.....if it ever happens, remember to hire a wheel chair so she won't have to walk and grumble.

The Vintage Knitter said...

Loving your vintage needlework and jewellery finds, especially the silver flower brooch and Deco watch. Lovely!

A Treasured Past said...

Hi Cate,

thanks for sharing, I love to see what others find, especially at the car boot sales! Can't wait to see more!

Lovely bits and bobs, I love the little ring case!

It is very cold here today...only a few more weeks of winter left...yay!

bye, Tamara

Anonymous said...

Love your latest finds. I've a friend who dyes doileys different colours and it really gives them a new lease of life.

Unknown said...

Wow! All the lovely goodies you found are fab x!

Mishelflos Paper Creations said...

I sooooo love that onion:)

Do you know, whenever I go to Car Boots I never seem to find all these goodies!!

Am I not looking properly do you think:(
love
Michelle x