Sunday 13 February 2011

Do you like to cook ?

I decided to buy a food processor after I was given this cookery book for Christmas, to make the recipes in thirty mins you really do need one, well that was my excuse anyway.
I have found it useful and I'm sure when I get the hang of what each bit does I will use it more and more.
One thing I have  made is pizza dough in fact it was so fast I was sure I had done something wrong
My son and I tried to twirl them in the air to make them round like they do in Italy, as you can see it didn't work, but we had fun trying.  Not the most attractive to look at but they tasted yummie


One more week and it will be half term, Yippee, there are lots of things I want to try out, I 'm hoping to get back into making bread and with the help of my new machine it should speed things up at the beginning. The illness I have can make me tired so pounding dough isn't much fun.
If you have tried making sour dough with a starter could let me know how you got on I would love to know if you feel it's worth making at home, I think it's one of the nicest tasting breads there is, very continental.
 Wherever you are in the world
have a good week
Cate x






                                    

                                       

9 comments:

Vintage Tea Time said...

That pizza looks yummy! I think I might get that book - I bought it for one of my daughters for Christmas and she says it's great -she's made loads from it.

A Treasured Past said...

Yum, your pizza does look delicious. I'll have to get you over when our pizza oven is finished :)
We don't have any room in our kitchen for appliances, so I have to do things the old fashioned way. Have a great week also, Tam

Jille said...

Who said they're not attarctive what time's tea?
Jille x

Tabbyroo said...

The pizzas look delicious-very rustic!I got that book for christmas as well and am ashamed to say I haven't made anything from it yet.Linda x

Jemima said...

Your pizza looks yummy! Yes love to cook. I have another blog l put recipes on. x

Unknown said...

mmmmmmm nothing beats making your own your pizza ;-)) And the smell of fresh bread to....Ooohhh my tummy is rumbling now its 6.50am, have a great week, dee x

Elizabeth said...

mmmmm that pizza looks yummo! I will have to check out that book! i'm always on the look for quick and easy recipes!
Nothing smells better than fresh bread baking! Never attempted the sour dough, You will have to share if you do.
Hope you have a lovely Valentines Cate!

Unknown said...

Happy Valentines Day to My Lovely Bloggy Sweetheart! Love Annie ♥*:•.♥

Anonymous said...

The pizza does look yummy and I love your new header too.