Saturday 5 March 2011

At last

Spring seems to have arrived at last, flowers are popping up all over the place these are in a pot sink outside my greenhouse

It always amazes me how a little sun can brighten up everyones day, even though it's still cold it doesen't seem to matter as much.

The catkins on this twisted willow look so pretty nodding in the wind.

Changing the subject my daughter bought me this lovely tin to hold all of my carded buttons. I don't have any C.K. things, not because I don't like it, I just think sometimes it's a bit overdone but this I do like very much :)
I picked up the little sewing basket  last year at a boot fair for 50p the lady I bought it off seemed almost suprised that I wanted it

Hope you all have a sunny weekend wherever you are
Cate x

8 comments:

jill said...

spring is soon here, I cant wait to see my first lambs in the fields. I love love love that button box

A Treasured Past said...

Hi Cate, the flowers in your pot sink are lovely. Spring is my favourite time of year. We are definitely coming into Autumn now, the wind is bitterly cold today..nearly time to put the heater on, but we wait until Anzac day before we do (in another month).

The tin is really pretty. I like the blue and floral combination.

I am glad the labels arrived safely :)

Enjoy your beautiful weather, Tam

Elizabeth said...

Oh yes I love seeing all the spring flowers starting to pop up!
The little button tin your daughter got you is adorable.
I think we are in for some more drizzles,but today we did enjoy some lovely sunshine.
Have a wonderful weekend :]

Unknown said...

I know just what you mean there wasnt a cloud in the sky yesterday it was beautiful but freezing if you looked outside you could almost dream it warm ;-)) But it really does make you feel better, i love spring flowers after the darkness of winter, lovely little book tin, have a lovely weekend. dee x

KC'sCourt! said...

Spring is certainly showing itself now isn't it.
Julie xxxxxx

Tabbyroo said...

Yes you are right about a bit of sunshine,playground duty was much more enjoyable with a bit of sunshine! Lovely button box, what a kind daughter Linda xx

Vintage Tea Time said...

Love the Button box - so cute!!

Nearly there Claire said...

It's almost here....Summer that is...eek! I can't wait either!

Lovely pics of the sunny shiny plants there, I can almost feel the warmth of that sun on my face too. x