Sunday 29 May 2011

vintage wife

I had to show you these little books we picked up at the boot fair, the following page made me smile.

This is a tiny little book of Pitmans shorhand it took me a while to realise that it's for putting in the small pocket of a mans waistcoat. I should have known really as I have never had pockets in any of my vests :)
I don't know why I bought it probably because it's so tiny.
My other little find is this crumb tray and brush for the table

Hope your all enjoying the Bank Holiday, friends in Perth W.A. tell me it's the last day of Autumn over there,  wherever you are have a good week
Cate x



7 comments:

A Treasured Past said...

Hope you are enjoying your long weekend. Ind is home from school sick today, so I am having the day off too. I can't believe that it is almost winter, although it has been pretty cold. Our pipes froze the other morning when it was -7.

I love reading those old books, could you imagine if we had to follow those etiquette rules, today...blimey.

I hope your husbands appointment went well. Carl's dad is still in hospital, two steps forward, one step back it seems. Just hope nothing happens when we are on our trip.

Wishing you all well, Tam x

Vintage Tea Time said...

Goodness, aren't I lucky to have been chosen by OH!! I read in the papers a while ago about a groupof women in USA who choose to live like that - subservient to hubby - they say its very stress-free - you know your place, etc. Not for me! Have a good week. Pouring with rain here - good and bad! Abby x

Hesta Nesta said...

Your book made me smile, I've seen a piece from the 50's about how a wife should behave, and make sure her husband is looked after on his return from work, even down to kneeling at his feet and putting his slippers on for him!! Hope everything is well with you and you've enjoyed the weekend.....it's raining here!!
Jo xx

Fancy Vintage said...

love the books! really lovely.x

Anonymous said...

Hi Cate
The last photo on my latest blog is a paeony, not sure which variety, but it certainly looks like a big blousy rose I think it is the best it has ever flowered!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog, it is really appreciated! Love Annie xx

Anonymous said...

I loved reading the vintage 'wifely conduct' page!
Thanks for sharing!
The flowers in your last post are so pretty too!

Ciao Bella!
From your newest follower

CREATIVE CARMELINA